Sunday, March 16, 2008

As good as it gets

I'm an avid blog reader and finally got up the courage to start up my own. Don't know where it's taking me, but I hope I have fun on the way.

That's right! Raggedy Ann here is about to hit 40 and I'm hoping this journal will help me prepare for that. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would ever worry about my age, but now it's becoming somewhat of an obsession. This is someone who always includes year of birth (good old 68) in her email addresses, usernames, etc. But it's ok to flaunt your age when you're in your 30s. But 40 is something else. It's a mighty scary number. All sorts of things start popping into my head: menopause, my grandmother had grandchildren in her 40s, boobs pointing south, wrinkles, etc. I just don't like it.

But I'm not 40 yet and I plan to have a hell of a good time before I am.

Raggedy Ann just wants to have fun!

No comments: