Saturday, March 29, 2008

Something smells good


A sure sign that I'm homesick is when you see me in the kitchen, in full uniform, covered in flour, scratching the tip of my nose & looking like I really know what I'm doing. My little boy gets really excited and I feel really guilty because I know right from the start that things will never turn out the way they're supposed to. But he has so much faith in his old mom.


I woke up today with a craving for spiced apple butter bran muffins. Problem is getting hold of all the right ingredients here in this part of Europe. Trying to translate some of these things is a major headache. And when I don't know what they're called, I sometimes try describing them at our local supermarket, with people looking at me funny, as if I were some alien. Oh well! Just have to stick to something simpler like raison bran muffins, I guess.

No comments: