Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday singing...



50 Ways to Leave Your Lover - Paul Simon (with drummer Steve Gadd)

...while doing some chores around the house. My cleaning lady didn't show up this week. Great! What with working Saturday mornings, having to do laundry & grocery shopping and now tidying up a very messy house, there goes the weekend. So, I've been waltzing around the house singing my little heart away. The little guy thinks I'm bonkers and has already let me know that I would be an embarrassment to him if any of his buddies saw me in this state. Chill out, old man! Moms are entitled to let their hair down every once and a while.

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don’t need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don’t need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

How can you not sing to this? A classic! I think I'm going to get the little guy to sing along with me.


3 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I totally love this song! What a great album. Paul Si.mon is wonderful, he took piano lessons from my Great Uncle Ernie in Brooklyn, I kid you not.

Raggedy Ann said...

Martha,

So cool! You gotta show & tell that on your blog!

Mrs. Spit said...

I've always loved that song.

Teach him these boots were made for walking next. . .

thanks for de-lurking today. I appreciate it. I had no idea I had readers from so far away!