Monday, March 16, 2009

A stroll in the park

the park

... enjoying this amazing Spring weather. Actually, more like summer weather with a high of 28ºC (82.4ºF, according to the converter). I stopped by my favourite bookshop to get something to read while sitting under one of the beautiful linden trees in the city centre & couldn't resist Sylvia Plath's poetry. Ok, not the merriest of poets for a day like today, but for some strange reason I'm always drawn to people with a dark side, which is quite a contrast with my own "joie de vivre".


the bookshop

I couldn't concentrate on the poetry, too many sounds, sights & scents to distract me. And ended up drifting into my own thoughts, some of the very same ones that keep me awake at night. How I wish I could be a poet to use words to unburden my soul.

Another beautiful day awaits me tomorrow, and so does another stroll in the park.

4 comments:

Martha said...

Great pictures, it's gorgeous here also, aren't we lucky? You have such cooler architecture though.

PatríciaL said...

Eu adoro este tempo de verão. Faz lembrar as férias, a praia... beijinho

alicia said...

oh wow! amazing pics, I wish my parks looked like that!

Arpee said...

Hey, Been out for some time and am now catching up...

Anyway, this place is awesome! Someday, when I grow up, I will visit Europe!