Thursday, April 9, 2009

Quotable Quotidian


"You must be the change you want to see in the world."
Ghandi

Nearly 2 years ago we started our first infertility support group, which later led to a network of support groups across Portugal, which I coordinate (APFertilidade). The above quote is the motto of our project. We felt in our hearts that the change had to start within ourselves before we could expect others to regard the pain of infertility differently. We've come a long way and I do believe that there has been a significant change; however there is still a long and winding road ahead and much to be done in order to reach out to those that really do need our help.

Pop over to Parenthood for Me to read other inspiring quotes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and simple. I love it. So true.
Thanks for playing!

Anonymous said...

So simple and so true. Congratulations on your good work so far.

Beautiful Mess said...

That's one of my favorite quotes. It's so beautifully simple, yet so profound.

alicia said...

wow that is amazing that you started a whole group! good for you! and awesome quote

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Lovely and also my personal motto. Thanks, RA. xx

Margarida J said...

I am happy I found this blog.
I will continue visiting it, for sure.