Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The freakiest thing happened...

Last night I decided to watch the BlogHer video for the second time. I thought it was amazing and I wanted to take some notes for an article I'm planning to write for our community blog (Portuguese Fertility Association). I found the whole concept of bridges fascinating. I was busy writing away as I was listening to Lori, from Weebles Wobblog, talk about mob-victim mentality, when a message popped up on my computer announcing a new comment on my blog. Curious as I am, I paused the video to check out the comment. OMG!!!! It was Lori herself!!! At the very moment I was listening to her, she was writing on my blog. I thought that was pretty cool. I've still got goosebumps!

I've also got a puffy eye! Looks like I've been punched in the face. At the same time I was listening to Lori & Lori was commenting on my blog, a mosquito decided to join in on the fun. Where did I get a mosquito bite? Right in the corner of my eye. It looks horrible. How in the world did a mosquito manage to get there when I wear glasses? I'm so grateful for the sunny weather so I can wear sunglasses all day long. Though, this morning while I was in a queue at the bank, I thought I'd better remove the shades because I looked very suspicious. People have been a little panicky lately because of all the bank robberies here in Portugal. So between showing off my swollen eye, which might give my husband a bad reputation, and being mistaken for a bank robber, I decided to swallow my vanity. It was quite embarrassing.

So what's the freakiest thing that has ever happened to you? Do tell!


2 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

I hope you get better soon, my son got a spider bite on his eye and needed IV antibiotics to prevent MRSA, Ugh! Freaky thing that happened to me was seeing a ghost in broad daylight as a teenaged camp counselor in the camp's lodge. I heard footsteps down an enclosed hallway with no one there and a cold column of air went through me inside a building. Whooo, plus I've been intuitive and had deja vu all my life, so I think it's just a different energy wavelength.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I swear I didn't send the mosquito to punctuate our encounter.

Both of my children came to me with premonitions from people who were dying. That was freaky but cool, showing me that whole circle of life thing.

My daughter:
http://drama2bmama.blogspot.com/2008/03/insight-of-dying.html

and my son:
http://drama2bmama.blogspot.com/2008/07/signs-revisited-dying-woman-and-seer.html

Heal quickly, my friend.